Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Print of the Season
Forever 21 gold bow headband
Old Navy denim jacket (Buy it here. I'm wearing a size XS for reference)
BCBG leopard print sleeveless top
Tory Burch "Kaitlin" quilted leather pumps (On sale here, and here in silver)
Estee Lauder "Stay Scarlet" lipstick
Leopard print is definitely my favorite print of the season. It may even be my favorite print of all four seasons, but it's a tough choice when you've got plaid and polka dots. I do like the fact that leopard print can act as a neutral in some outfits. You can mix it with other prints and it won't look outrageous.
It's been a while since I wrote about any health related topics. I recently came across an email that reminded me of why I hate soda and decided to share it with you guys. Besides the fact that most sodas contain High Fructose Corn Syrup (proven to trigger migraines, cause obesity), massive amounts of sugar, and aspartame (known carcinogen), here are 20 more reasons why you should consider avoiding Coke/Pepsi:
20 practical ways in which Coke can be used as a household cleaner.
1. Great for cleaning grease stains from fabric.
2. Loosens rusty bolts, and removes rust from fabrics.
3. You can remove blood stains from fabrics using Coke.
4. Soak oil stains on garage floors in Coke and then hosed it off for a clean floor.
5. The acid in Coke can be used to kill slugs and snails.
6. Clean burned pans by soaking them in Coke.
7. The scales on kettles can be cleaned away using Coke.
8. Pouring Coke on car battery terminals will remove corrosion.
9. For decades, Coke distributors have used their product to clean truck engines.
10. Old pennies shine after being soaked in Coke.
11. Soak tile grout in Coke for a few minutes and then wipe it clean.
12. Test it for yourself. Drop a tooth into a sealed container of Coke and watch it dissolve. It will take
time but it will dissolve.
13. Dip hair that has gum in it into a bowl of Coke and let sit a few minutes. This will dissolve the
gum so that it can be wiped away.
14. Coke applied to vitreous china will remove stains.
15. Add two 2-liter bottles of Coke to a dirty pool to clear away rust stains.
16. Pouring diet Coke over dyed hair removes or fades color.
17. Apply Coke to marker stains on carpets and then scrub with soapy water.
18. Clean toilet bowls by letting Coke stand in them a while then flush clean.
19. Aluminum foil and Coke will shine Chrome.
20. Soaking a towel in Coke and then laying it on painted metal furniture will strip the paint away.
If Coke can do all this to household items, imagine what it is doing to your body.
Treat your body right and it will treat you right! Everyone can benefit from avoiding sugary drinks.