SheIn -Your Online Fashion Bodycon Dress

Friday, July 6, 2012

On the Fourth

OnTheFourth_2 OnTheFourth_1 OntheFourth_3 OnTheFourth_4 OnTheFourth_5
Cropped eyelet top: ASOS
American Flag shorts: Topshop
Boots: Steve Madden "Graanie" in Cognac
Fringed Leather purse: XOXO (approx. 10 years old)
Sunglasses: Dior
Lips: Mac lipstick in "Impassioned"

This year the Fourth of July was bittersweet for me.  It was an amazing day, but I couldn't help but think about the many negative changes our country is currently going through.  For one, the NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act) still haunts me.  It's so surreal that here in America a "law" could allow our president to become a dictator.  And it's even sadder that so many people are still unaware of it or what it means (basically, our president could murder anyone he wants whenever he wants, without probable cause or a jury).  My mind keeps thinking, If it's gotten this bad in just one year, imagine what it will be like next year!  Ugh...I don't want to think like that or be negative in any way.  I also don't want anyone reading this to think I'm one of those trendy idiots who complain about the luxuries of living in America (ie: "Like OMG #1stWorldProblems lol").  So let me be clear:  I love living here.  I love this country...just not the people who are running it.  While these corrupt politicians (and offshore banks) are busy trying to rape this country of the constitution, remember that we the people are the reason America still exists.  Let's not let our country turn into something that it's not.  Our founding fathers and the constitution are what made us FREE in the first place...so let's keep America free.  Let us not be ignorant or arrogant enough to think that just because we are known as "the land of the free" that something couldn't ever go wrong or that our political leaders would not lead us into more trouble than we're already in.  (Don't forget...THEY created the housing crisis, THEY took away our privacy using the Patriot Act...THEY ruined our economy!  We the people are NOT to blame!)  And now they want to interfere with our free internet by using CISPA...apparently, the "terrorists" will get you through cyberspace too! LOL what a joke... The TSA are bigger terrorists than anything the internet could ever brew.

I only hope that you will pay extra attention to what is going on.  Don't believe everything you hear especially from mainstream news (who are all bought and paid for by those same few running our government), but just pay attention.  Be aware, be informed, and stay intelligent.  Just remember that history always repeats itself:

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves"
--Abraham Lincoln

So now I leave you with a song in dedication of our Independence Day.  This is my all time favorite rendition of The Star Spangled Banner:


Have a wonderful weekend, loves!

xoxo

Azu


10 comments:

  1. What a great ending with the Abe Lincoln quote. I agree, this country has got some problems. I left to Mexico in 2007 and was working at an advertising agency that advertised for home builders. I bet you can guess what happened next. I was luck to leave but coming back has been a bitch. I enjoyed a lot of the freedoms in Mexico, but Im adjusted once again here and will prob never live there again. this is home. Pues, your stems look amazing in those shorts. I will never get tired of them flag shorts. I still want those JC flag shoes that came out last year. Thanks for all your votes. I lost but it was a close race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree more than you know...and I'm too exhausted to put into words what you've already said so eloquently here. Sigh.

    On a happier note, those shorts are FABULOUS!! That is truly a stunning outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing post, my siblings and I were still talking about the Independence yesterday night..I love how you put it in words, things that are not so easy to explain..You're an amazing writer and You look wonderful, love the cool & edgy look!

    Please check out my blog, if you like follow & i'll follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your top!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a powerful post-- I know what you mean. To a tee. The NDAA is terrifying-- it was so disappointing that Obama resigned it. Heartbreak.

    That being said, you look amazing. Love the boots. Super-sass.

    xoxo
    Remy
    mydailythreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving those really cute shorts <3

    http://bydetails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool outfit!

    http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely blog. please visit also mine and tell me what you think <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Obsessed with this look!! Love your blog girl! xo

    ReplyDelete